Thursday, May 14, 2009

2 Songs

You know those songs that make you just want to stop whatever you're doing and listen? And before you know it, the song has flooded your mind with memories of someone or a situation close to your heart. These two songs did that to me today. I couldn't get back to my studying without feeling like I needed to take a nature walk by myself or something. Just beautiful.

"The Book of Love" covered by Peter Gabriel, originally sung by Magnetic Fields


"I Find Your Love" by Beth Nielsen Chapman



The Book of Love The book of love is long and boring/No one can lift the damn thing/It's full of charts and facts and figures and instructions for dancing/But I/I love it when you read to me/And you/You can read me anything/The book of love has music in it/In fact that's where music comes from/Some of it is just transcendental/Some of it is just really dumb/But I/I love it when you sing to me/And you/You can sing me anything/The book of love is long and boring/And written very long ago/It's full of flowers and heart-shaped boxes/And things we're all too young to know/But I/I love it when you give me things/And you/You ought to give me wedding rings/And I/I love it when you give me things/And you/You ought to give me wedding rings/And I/I love it when you give me things/And you/You ought to give me wedding rings/You ought to give me wedding rings

I Find Your Love I'll catch your smile on someone's face/Your whisper in the wind's embrace/Through diamond stars and songs and dreams/I find your love in everything/The sun, the sky, the rolling sea/All conspire to comfort me/From sorrow's edge life's beauty seems/To find your love in everything/I've come to trust the hope it brings/To find your love in everything/Even as I fall apart/Even through my shattered heart/I'll catch your smile on someone's face/Amazing grace

No comments:

Post a Comment